Friday, September 16, 2011

Arrivals.... There goes the Neighborhood.

Okay, so I only have the absolute vaguest idea on what post was supposed to be about. Something about cultures blending after meeting a new neighbor that moved in that was from another ethnic group, culture, or something like that. I'm not entirely sure, but whatever. I think that when two different cultures meet each other, two things can happen. Either one overtakes the other, or they meld and create a "hybrid" culture of sorts. I guess an example of a culture meeting another would be something like the missionaries for any religion converting people to Christianity or whatever religion they represent. I think a good example of a "hybrid" culture would be something like the US, where the various cultures of various ethnic groups are all represented and respected, through festivals, parades, and the right to practice whatever religion you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment