Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Catcher in the Rye - Red Hunting Hat

TL:DR? - Read the second paragraph for why it's my hunting hat.
So first off, I think this blog post is supposed to be about something important/symbolic to us, like how the hunting hat relates to Holden (In "The Catcher in the Rye"), and then how it relates to the hunting hat itself.
    I think my "red hunting hat" would be my long-board. Why does it make me stand out? Uh, because we're in Illinois and freestyle is underground. I actually started skating before I did long-boarding, mainly because my friend got me to do it. Bought a complete, skated for about 3 or 4 months, then I realized I sucked at it. By "suck," I mean really, really, really, really, bad. I still skate now after a 2-3 year hiatus and I'm still super-bad (not bad in a good way), but I chose to switch to long-boards because I was so bad at skating.
    Anyways, I think my long-board is my red hunting hat because it makes me stand out. You don't really see long-boarders around unless you look for them, or if you live by a college or something. People says stuff like "That's a cool skateboard (not that it's one)" and "I've never seen a board like that before! :O)
 Uh, I really don't know what to say from this point on.

1 comment:

  1. Milton, I agree with your outlook of the "hunting hat". It doesnt have to be something that is purchased, but can be a talent or hobby that makes you who you are. Its also really cool to know about how you got into skateboarding. Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete